Q: What is FABLES FOR JAPAN?
A: FABLES FOR JAPAN is a set of 3 anthology e-books containing unique fiction, sequential (comic book) stories, poems, and artwork all connected by the theme of Japanese folklore. The purpose of FABLES FOR JAPAN is to raise as much money as possible for the survivors of the March 11th earthquake and tsunami in Japan. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO CHARITY.
Q: How can I buy FABLES FOR JAPAN?
A: FABLES FOR JAPAN is a downloadable e-book and can be bought on this website under the "Buy Fables for Japan" page.
A: We chose to publish FABLES FOR JAPAN as a three part downloadable PDF because it was the best way to insure that we kept costs low and could raise as much money as possible. Once all 3 e-books are done, we plan to branch the books out to different formats, such as an iPad App (possibly android too), as well as ePub version for iBooks, Kindle, and Nook. Follow this website for more information on that as it develops.
We are also exploring ways to raise money for a print version. We'd like to do a limited run hard cover collectors' edition that would collect all three parts of FABLES FOR JAPAN as well as including new material. Again, follow this website for more information when it becomes available.
Q: What Charities does FABLES FOR JAPAN work with?
A: Currently Fables for Japan is working with the International Medical Corps, an organization that works directly with partners in Japan to provide general health care, with a focus on addressing the psychological needs of the survivors. They are also working to treat and relocate the thousands gravely affected by the Fukushima meltdown. While we are happy to be working with the International Medical Corps, we do reserve the right to make donations to other Charities working to help the people of Japan if we so choose.
Q: How much of the money goes to Charity?
A: 100% of any purchaces made directly through the Fables for Japan website goes to charity. HOWEVER, we are apart of an affiliates program so if you have found our website by clicking a link on an affiliates webpage, then 70% of the purchace price is donated to charity and the remaining 30% is paid to the affiliate. The affiliates program helps up spread the word about Fables for Japan. Despite the 30% reductions in the donation, we sell more books and are actually able to donate more money than we would be able to otherwise.
Q: How can I submit my work to FABLES FOR JAPAN?
Q: How can I help if I'm not a writer or an artist?
A: First, you can buy all 3 books of FABLES FOR JAPAN. This keeps us motivated and all our money will go to the survivors in Japan. If you want to just send money to Japan, please send it to the charity of your choise, we do not accept donation directly.
Once the e-books are completed, we will be looking to raise money for a print version that will collect all 3 books and include new material. This would be a limited run collectors' hardcover edition. If you'd like donate money towards the Collectors' Edition, please contact me at email@example.com.
Last but not least, you can help us get the word out. The more people know about us the greater our sales and the more money we can donate. Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for regular updates and previews of the work in progress. I will also be updating this page with more info when it's available.